Monday, January 31, 2011

Your Life In The Natural Lane: Introducing... Ms. Tandia M.

 Why we love her?!?! Because she is cute, funny, and great!!!!

How long have you been natural?
I Have been natural since October 2010




What made you want to go natural?

I never enjoyed the effects of a relaxer. I really just got tired of my hair not having any body. Because my hair is not thick to begin with, when would relax it my hair did not have much body. I  wanted to tap into the my natural hair because I figured it would be different.


What made you do the Big Chop opposed to Transitioning?

I transitioned for about 7 months. I finally big chopped because  I did not want to deal with the two textures. I had to keep telling myself “just chop of the relaxed ends they are of no use”



What was your initial reaction?

 When I big chopped I was so excited. I took a picture in the parking lot and sent it to my best friend. I was ready to start working with my natural texture with no inference form those relaxed ends!
 


What advice would you give someone new to the natural scene, that you wish someone would have told you?
Hmm… I would tell someone not to think so long about it. Your natural hair is going to be the same texture weather you “big chop” or transition, so just make that decision on which one your going to do and focus more on keeping your hair healthy In the meantime.


What is one product you can not live without?
I must have conditioner. Without my conditioner I really don’t think I would even have a good base to start with. (Treseme Naturals)

Who would you consider to be you natural inspiration?
I would say my friends and family. Everyone around me was very supportive with my decision to go natural. And when I big chopped everyone was just as excited as I was. I also draw inspiration from people who are curious about going natural. When people ask me about going natural I feel like I’m helping them to embrace the possibility of rocking their own natural hair.



Do you have hair regimen, and if you have one, what is it?
Well I do and I don’t, Right now I’m still in the experimental stage with my hair. The only thing that is routine with me right now is that I wash my hair once a week. I have about three products that I use most of the time, but I’m always trying new things until I find the routine that I’m going to stick with.


  What is your favorite style to wear your hair in? 
Wash and Go fo sho LOL!!! Well that is the style that I were most of the time. It has grown to be my favorite but the frohawk is in close second.




What are your hair goals?

I want to maintain healthy hair first. I want to also be able to learn how to do more styles with my hair so that I can extend that favorites list :)
What is your favorite hair accessory?
Headbands Headbands and…Headbands. I have at least 20, and I must give some credit to the headband for making Natural hair fun!

What are two important things you have learned about natural hair.
1. It is just as much work as relaxing (if not more)


2. My natural hair is just like me. It has a mind of its own ;)

What is your favoritebeauty supply, or online hair store to but products from?
Target! They have fun headbands and they now sell natural hair care products.

Have you changed from this experience?
Making the decision to go natural has helped me to see that change can be fuMaking the decision to go natural has helped me to see that change can be fun, and that sometimes not knowing what’s going to happen is the best part about change!n, and that sometimes not knowing what’s going to happen is the best part about change!


 Do you have any regrets?
Not at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment