Monday, December 20, 2010

Your Life In The Natural Lane: Introducing... Ms. Crystal N.

First off let me just say this girl IS FABULOUS because she is one of those rare gems that is both beautiful on the inside and out!!! 


How long have you been natural?
I have been natural for about 7 months now (last relaxer was May 8th


What made you want to go natural?
I noticed a major change in the texture and quality of my hair. Also I began to feel dependent on having chemicals in my hair and I didn't like that feeling.  I would look back on pictures and would see what my hair use to look like and after comparing the before and current I didn't like what I saw


 What made you do the Big Chop opposed to Transitioning? (whichever one you did) I decided to do transition because my hair is very thick naturally and so I figured doing the big chop off leaving me with now THICK and NATURAL hair would put me in over my head and scare me out of natural altogether. Also for my transitioning would be easier for me especially as it concerned creating styles and managing and upkeep so it made more sense for me.

What was you initial reaction?
 I am still only 7 months in so I still have some relaxer on the ends but its funny when I see my hair out or done, that being flat iron I realize that my hair looks the same or if not better without even putting a relaxer


What advice would you give someone new to the natural scene, that you wish someone would have told you? 
I kinda knew this but at the same time I didnt... I didn't realize how much you have to maintain natural hair and you should do research on the best products for your "newly birthed" hair. Also you have to become very creative with styles and new looks. 


What is one product you can not live without?
 I havent settled on an exact product as of yet but I do know that I could not go without some sort of conditioner!



Who would you consider to be you natural inspiration?
I can honestly say that my motivation came from two co-workers of mine, one who had been natural for some time now and the other who had only been natural for a shorter period of time (that person being you TIFF!).
(awwwww lil ole me :-) )


Do you have hair regimen, and if you have one, what is it?
 I dont have a regime just yet. I just ensure that with every wash I do a deep conditioner.


Have you changed from this experience?
I can say I pay much more attention to my hair through maintenance and upkeep and i'm learning to be more patient with it, in hopes of seeing the end result.


Do you have any regrets?
My only regret is that I didn't do this a long time ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment