Monday, December 13, 2010

Your Life In The Natural Lane: Introducing... Ms. Lameka

First off let me just say I can say, she was reason I started toying with the idea of coloring my natural mane!!! (I am punk and still haven't done it...lol)



 How long have you been natural?
I have been natural for 2 years

What made you want to go natural?
I always wanted to do it since i was young.  I finally decided i was done with relaxers after i had taken out some braids and saw how damaged my hair was and how thin it had become.  I wanted to have healthier hair without adding the chemicals.


What made you do the Big Chop opposed to Transitioning? (whichever one you did)
I transitioned for about 6 months then i did the big chop.  I was tired of trying to manage the 2 extremely different textures.



What was you initial reaction?
My first reaction was "OMG i dont have any hair".  I was shocked that it was so short but after about an hour or so and some earrings i was in love.  I felt empowered cause i actually went through with it and could start fresh with my hair.

What advice would you give someone new to the natural scene, that you wish someone would have told you?
Honestly, i feel like i was pretty well informed before making my decision. I researched like crazy lol.  There are so many resources to learn about natural hair.  I would say definitely research and you can most likely get any question answered out there on the world wide web.  The other curlies are so helpful :)


What is one product you can not live without?
Shea Butter, my hair loves it and desperately needs it.

Who would you consider to be you natural inspiration?
pictures from the 70's inspire me and Jill Scott (just love her fro)


Do you have hair regimen, and if you have one, what is it?
Lately i have been trying to enforce a regimen which consists of Co-washing with Curlz coconut sublime organic conditioner and i deep condition with Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque for about an hour or so. Sometimes i mix some olive oil in there too. When twisting my hair i use a small amount of Deep Treatment Masque and when im done i use Shea Moisture Strengthening Elixir to seal the ends.


Have you changed from this experience?
I believe i have changed to some degree.  With cutting off my relaxed hair, i feel i gained some sort of confidence.  I really did realize i am not my hair. 


Do you have any regrets?
ABSOLUTELY no regrets! i love being natural and i wouldnt change a thing about it. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment