Monday, November 9, 2009

When it rains it pours…

So I am coming up on my one year "Natural Hair" Anniversary aka My Nappyversary. To mark my up and coming 1 year of sobriety from the "Creamy Crack", and "Beauty Shop Horrors" I have decided to start this blog, to reminise about the good, the bad, and the down right horrid hair, disaters that have brought me to this point... of hair freedom.. well sort of...lol. I hope you all enjoy.


When it rains it pours… I remember one day it was raining out side while I was on my way to work. When I left the house my hair was fine, but by the time I got to work I my hair has took on a life of its own. I went into the bathroom with comb and brush in tow, in a failed attempt to brush down my poof, in other words tame the mane…lol. My co worker was in there talking to me I really wasn’t listening to her, because I was in shock about the fact I had woke up at 4AM to do my hair, and it looked a mess!!! So after realizing my defeat I took the walk of shame back to my desk. I found a rubber band in my desk, and two stray bobbie pins in the bottom of my purse and did the ponytail look…smh.


I was sitting at my desk doing my work, and my manager calls me in her office, and she tells me it was brought to her attention that I was doing my hair in the bathroom ***blank stare***. I was floored at this point I couldn't believe someone snitched on me without knowing the whole story! I sat there as both managers went on, and on, about how that made them look, and how I am a reflection of them. This was the last thing I wanted to hear after the hair ordeal I was going through. I tried to explain to them that the only reason I was brushing my hair was because the humidity had made my hair look crazy, I could see if I had grease, gel…and all that stuff in the bathroom with me, or maybe even if I was in there for more than 5 wrestling with my hair… but I gave up, they had already formed their opinion of me away.. so I decided not to even bother wasting my breathe…smh.

Anywho..

I ended up getting braids that weekend… smh. Eight hours of sitting in one spot while getting, my scalp tugged so tightly I couldn’t blink. I did this all in the name of beauty…lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment